A 120,000 Sq. Ft. State-of-the-Art Facility for Military Marine Programs
Philadelphia Gear’s facility in Santa Fe Springs, California, was purpose renovated to serve the military marine program business in 2010, and was upgraded with some of the most advanced gearing machinery available.
Throughout its history, Philadelphia Gear and Western Gear have worked on some of the most important vessels relied upon by the Navy and Coast Guard and, at present, are manufacturing, assembling and testing MRGs for the DDG, LPD and LHA programs.
- Military Marine Applications
- Quality Commitment.
- Decades of Experience. Decades of Performance.
- Custom-Designed Marine Gears. Upgrade Capabilities.
- Fully Outfitted Machine Shops. Around the World. Around the Corner.
- Robust Warranties. Peace of Mind.
- 100% Lock-Up. 0% Fixed-Slip Losses.
- Continuous Oil Rescue Equipment. CORE.
- Local Service. National Support. Global Expertise.
- Controls. Motors. Generators.
- Bearing Repair. By Bearing Experts.
Additionally, our investment in technology and engineering talent is enabling Philadelphia Gear to participate in future military marine programs now under consideration. These investments include:
- Security restricted area for military marine projects
- Test stands capable of running MRGs to simulate 50,000 HP at full load
- 70-ton crane capacity
- Fully outfitted machine shop with precision equipment
- On-site engineering backed by corporate technical center in Philadelphia
- Machine capabilities
- Turning shafts 36” in diameter and 10’ in length
- Jig mill capabilities for housings and components
- Turning on CNC Vertical 56” VBM
- Shaft grinding 36” in diameter and 20’ in length
- Gear grinding to 4.0 meters and to AGMA Quality 15
- Multiple roll stands for gear contact checks
- Paint booth and long-term preservation tanks
- Certified welders to MIL specs, and non-destructive testing capabilities on-site
- Gear hobbing to 1.8 meters
- Gear balancing to 2.5 meters